How to Calm Your Skin and Mind in Style with Amethyst Skincare Tools
You may know that amethyst is a precious stone that offers spiritually-enlightening and stress-relieving properties. But you may be surprised to learn that this stunning purple quartz crystal can also enhance your skin thanks to its soothing and calming effects.
In this article, you’ll discover:
- The Rich History of Amethyst
- Amethyst’s Unique Wellness and Skincare Benefits
- All About the Amethyst Eye Mask
- All About the Amethyst Facial Roller
Amethyst’s Rich History
Today, amethyst is one of the most popular crystals in the spiritual world. Get to know this precious stone and some of its uses over the last several thousand years.
- Amethyst is one of the stones that have the richest history, with evidence of these quartz gems being used as far back as 4000 BC in ancient Egypt to protect against guilty and fearful feelings.
- “The stone’s name comes from the Greek meaning ‘to not intoxicate,’ as it was known to be a tool for protection [both physically and mentally],” energy healer Leah Gillis
- Similar to the Greeks, the ancient Romans would add pieces of amethyst in their wine glasses while they’d indulge, believing it would promote sobriety and prevent them from drunkenness.
- This purple stone has long been revered as a very precious gem, so much so that it was once worth as much as diamonds in several different parts of the world.
- In ancient China, amethyst was considered to be a powerful tool. Men and women would use it to clear negative energy and ensure protection and security.
- Amethyst is one of the 12 stones mentioned in the Book of Exodus which is found in the Old Testament and the Talmud. In Hebrew, the word for amethyst is "ahlamah," which translates to "dream stone" since it was believed that the gem provoked vivid and powerful dreams.
What Are the Spiritual and Skincare Benefits of the Amethyst Stone?
While its significance has changed throughout the years, today, amethyst’s properties are believed to carry major benefits for both your spirituality and your skin. “It’s a connection to wisdom, spiritual knowledge, and intuition,” Gillis shares. “Amethyst can also work to heal, cleanse, & connect to self, purpose, and source.”
The Spiritual Significances of Amethyst
“Amethyst is a beautiful stone to connect to for healing and purifying,” Gillis says. Consider it the go-to crystal for all things related to intuition, protection, and inspiration.
With its unique energies, amethyst is known to strengthen your intuition and move it to the forefront of your mind. It achieves this effect by promoting calmness of the mind and stimulating your body’s senses, promoting immediate focus and awareness in your present surroundings.
Gillis shares her favorite ways to harness the powers of amethyst:
- Relieving stress, tension, and strain
- Soothing irritability
- Balancing mood swings
- Dispelling anger, fear, and anxiety
- Strengthening your inner voice and intuition
- Reducing headache symptoms
- Promoting serenity and calm
- Absorbing negative energy
- Relieving insomnia
- Remembering dreams
- Activating the third-eye chakra
It’s All About the Third-Eye Chakra
“Amethyst relieves stress, anger, and anxiety to heal the negative traits in us,” Gillis says. This is because amethysts are one of the crystals known to open your third-eye chakra, which is an energy field that’s located above the middle of your forehead in the space between your eyes. When the third eye is stimulated, it’s considered to be a source of intuition and wisdom, awakening your soul. Spiritual awareness, visions, and stronger foresight are also associated with maintaining healthy third-eye chakra energy.
The Skin-Soothing Benefits of Amethyst
In the same way that amethyst can calm your mind, applying the quartz to your skin can promote soothing effects to enhance your complexion. Unique properties of amethyst include:
- The stone carries a negative charge
- Emits energy in the far infrared spectrum
- Naturally maintains a cool temperature
Discover some of the skin-loving benefits of amethyst:
- Calms and soothes skin
- Increases the cellular renewal process
- Stimulates collagen production
- Combats puffiness
- Reduces bruising and swelling
- Diminishes redness and irritation
- Reduces tension and stress
How to Harness the Skin Benefits of Amethyst at Home
With the right tools, you can incorporate amethyst’s many unique benefits into your daily routines.
The Amethyst Eye Mask
What it is:
A luxury eye mask that’s made entirely of amethyst quartz crystals. Whenever your delicate eye area could use an instant wake-up call, this fatigue-diminishing mask rises to the challenge.
Why you need it:
There is a myriad of reasons why amethyst eye mask should become an essential staple of both your beauty and wellness routine:
- “It’s wonderful to use amethyst stones on your body, whether it’s by wearing jewelry, or holding onto it during meditation as a way to heal,” Gillis explains. “Placing the amethyst mask over your eyes will help you connect to your crown chakra. Using it in this way really makes sense. Its healing properties are powerful to help us balance ourselves from the inside, remove worry, and clear our mind with its strong connection to the crown chakra.”
- Use it on its own or on top of your eye serums, overnight treatments, or sheet masks.
- Reduce signs of fatigue, damage, and stress after just 15 minutes of use.
- Using the eye mask harnesses the powers of this purple gem. “Amethyst is a beautiful stone that helps to detoxify your mind to get rid of negative thoughts and tendencies. Connecting to it near your crown chakra is going to help promote wellness.”
- Wear this luxurious amethyst eye mask to promote healing, detox, and improve your complexion with each use.
- Energy healers have been harnessing amethyst’s ability to strengthen intuition and clarity. Using an amethyst eye mask enhances a sense of peace and tranquility during your skincare routine.
Shop the amethyst eye mask here.
The Amethyst Facial Roller
What it is:
A luxurious amethyst-carved tool perfect for daily facial massage and creating an instant impact on the facial tissues, improving lymphatic flow, and reducing puffiness.
Why you need it:
With the help of Circcell’s signature facial roller, the healing energy of amethyst can be used to help soothe, relax, rejuvenate, and uplift your complexion. Here’s what it can do for you:
- Address morning time under-eye bags before you step out of the house. Facial rollers are excellent for reducing puffiness, and its effects are heightened when using rollers made of restorative amethyst.
- Daily facial rolling with the amethyst roller promotes a boost in microcirculation.
- Using the amethyst facial roller directly after applying your skincare regimen helps your skin better absorb the products.
- Amethyst is a cooling stone, so using the roller around your skin calms redness, irritation, and puffiness with the help of its natural coldness.
- Soothe redness and inflammation everyday by gently rolling this purifying amethyst tool around your zones of irritation.
- Since amethyst carries a powerful negative charge, it’s able to draw out positively-charged free radical particles, effectively working to detox and purify your skin.
- This mesmerizing purple gemstone can also be used to relieve physical ailments caused by tension and stress around different areas of your body including your chest and neck.
- Rolling tones and sculpts the skin
Learn more about the facial roller here.
Shop the facial roller here.